Update: 8:50pm Tuesday.
* LVCART is opening a second pet shelter at the Allentown Fairgrounds Ag Hall, 302 N. 17th St., Allentown.
* Lower Mac's Emergency Operations Center is now closed, says Township Secretary Renea Flexer. The township building still without phone service but officials can be reached via FB, Twitter & firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Lower Macungie Township has just said that it will decide at 8 a.m. Wednesday whether Trick or Treat will be postponed. At that time it will assess the power outages throughout the township and will then make the decision.
* Still no estimate from PPL as to when power might be restored. The number of customers whithout power is slowly shrinking and is right now at 7,076. Apparently the number includes the customers in Macungie borough since there is not a separate listing for the borough.
Borough Manager Chris Boehm says there is power along Walnut Street.
There are 99 PPL customers in Alburtis without power right at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday.
* PennDOT says the two state roads are closed in Lower Macungie. Many more municipal roads are closed due to flooding and downed utility poles and wires and trees and branches. Use extreme caution when driving and never drive on a road that is closed.
State roads that are closed:
* PPL says it has no estimated time as yet when power might be restored to Lower Macungie and Macungie.
* Several telephone poles and major power lines are down at the Rt. 222 bypass and Rt. 100. Authorities are closing down parts of Rts. 222 and 100, Cetronia Road, Industrial Blvd. and Weilers Road in that area.
* Alburtis has declared a state of emergency. Also, garbage pick-up has been postponed until Nov. 3.
* PPL reports 2,042 customers in Lower Macungie without power, three in Alburtis and none in Macungie.
*PennDOT announces the following Lower Macungie road closings:
• Indian Creek Road at Cedar Crest Boulevard in Upper Milford Township is
closed due to flooding.
• Spring Creek Road at Mill Creek Road in Lower Macungie Township is closed
due to flooding.
* Lower Macungie Township has announced that Waste Management will operate on a one-day delay for the remainder of the week.
* Lehigh County Government Center and Courts Offices will be closed Tuesday, Oct. 30 due to the storm. Certain emergency functions will remain in operation, but all County and Courts Offices will be closed. We will provide an update at a later time.
* Macungie Borough Manager Chris Boehm says, "When the power goes out, the Macungie Fire Department at 31 S. Walnut Street will be opened as an emergency shelter. The Mayor has signed an emergency disaster declaration for the Borough of Macungie. It does not impose any restrictions on residents. It is mainly for funding reimbursement."
* If you experience a power outage, call PPL at 1-800- DIALPPL (342-5775)
* After 4:30 P.M. today, Lower Macungie Township residents who need help in a non-emergency situation should call Lower Macungie Township Emergency Operations Center at 610-965-7790. Any emergency calls such as Fire or EMS, call 911.
* Macungie Borough Manager Chris Boehm has said that the budget workshop meeting scheduled for 7 p.m. today has been cancelled. It will be held at 6:30 p.m. Nov. 5, before the next regularly scheduled Macungie Borough Council meeting.
* Additionally, no change has yet been made to the time and date for Trick or Treat in the borough. For now it remains 6-8 p.m. Oct. 31.
As we hunker down to ride out Hurricane Sandy, we want to make sure that Alburtis, Lower Macungie and Macungie stay connected.
Send us messages through social media and email (email@example.com) and we’ll make sure the information is added here.
If you notice wires down or a tree across the road, please alert authorities and then let us know so we can spread the word quickly. You can add information or ask questions as part of this story in the comments section below.
Lower Macungie Patch is all about connecting neighbors so we hope you’ll find this information hub helpful as we brave the storm together. Stay safe Bethlehem!