1. Weather: Partly sunny today, and the National Weather Service forecast for our area says the high temperature will be near 47 degrees.
2. In Case You Missed It: A member of the Friends for the Protection of Lower Macungie Township weighs in on the issue of Atty. Robert Rust not being re-appointed to the zoning hearing board.
3. Feeling Artsy?: Pastel artist David Garrison is giving conducting a workshop on working with pastels this weekend.
4. Coming Up: review of "Mission Impossible" is live at 11 a.m.
5. Today in History: On this day in 1838, Samuel Morse's telegraph system was demonstrated for the first time at the Speedwell Iron Works in Morristown, New Jersey, with the message: "What hath God wrought!" The telegraph, a device which used electric impulses to transmit encoded messages over a wire, eventually revolutionized long-distance communication, reaching the height of its popularity in the 1920s and '30s.