Macungie Pool Manager Alice Welsh, Macungie Institute Coordinator Karen Holt, and Macungie Memorial Park Manager Amy Hillegass invite everyone to attend this year's MACUNGIE HOLIDAY on 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 8
This special event is coordinated by Macungie's Town Beautification Committee.
Family holiday activities that will be held throughout the Borough, include:
* Holiday Crafts Show at Macungie Park's Memorial Hall
* "Miss Alice's" famous Holiday Cookies Sale at Macungie Park's Memorial Hall - lower level
* Horse drawn Surrey Rides throughout Macungie Memorial Park
*Gingergread displays at Kalmbach Memorial Park's historic barn
* Decorating a Christmas hat or stocking at Macungie's Volunteer Fire Department
* "Home for the Holidays" artisans show at athe beautiful Victorian home at 20 E. Main Street
* Breakfast with Santa at Grace Lutheran Church
* Pet photos with Santa at Macungie Animal Hospital
* Christmas storytime at Macungie Christian Community Church
* Kids crafts at Solomon's United Church of Christ which will also be sellling chili, chicken corn soup and baked goods
* Macungie Farmers Market vendors and some crafters will be outside and inside at the Macungie Institute
* Santa, Mrs. Claus & "Jasper" (Macungie's Bear Mascot) will be outside in their sleigh from 1 p.m. to 3 pm ready for photos (be sure to bring your own camera)
* The Boy Scouts and Macungie Historical Society will feature special train displays at the Macungie Institute
* Coral Nolan's Academy of Dance will offer two FREE performances of "Nutcracker Highlights" at noon & 2 pm at Eyer Middle School
* Local businesses will have special activities and Open House events throughout the day
* The always-popular "Scavenger Hunt" will feature terrific prizes
* AND there are two FREE Holiday Trolleys to take visitors to all locations.
For more information, call the Macungie Institute at 610-966-7830 or visit the Borough's website and click on the calendar of events.