Two Lehigh County women are dead in the wake of Hurricane Sandy -- one from hypothermia, the other from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Tammy Kerosetz, 48, of 3663 Schoeneck Road, Lower Macungie, was overcome by exhaust fumes from a portable gas generator before 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, the Lehigh County coroner's office said. The generator was running inside her garage, a release said.
She was pronounced dead at 5:08 p.m. Tuesday at her home.
Theresa Schlitzer, 86, of 2425 Route 309 in Orefield, South Whitehall, died of hypothermia, the Lehigh County coroner's office said. She was found unresponsive in her yard after a prolonged exposure in the region from Hurricane Sandy Monday night.
Schlitzer was pronounced dead at 9:45 a.m. Tuesday at her home by deputy coroner Jason Nicholas.