All dogs ages three months and older must have a license in the Keystone State. Owners of unlicensed dogs risk a $300 fine.
Here's the information you need to provide to get a license:
- The owner's name, address and telephone number.
- The dog's name, age, breed, sex and color.
- Proof of age for senior citizens (65+)
- Proof of neutering/spaying from a veterinarian's office, which lowers the license fee.
In Lehigh County, 2012 fees regular dog licenses are:
- $8.45 for male or female dogs
- $6.45 for neutered or spayed dogs
- $6.45 for male or female dogs owned by senior citizens (65+)
- $4.45 for neutered or spayed dogs owned by senior citizens (65+)
There is a 50-cent additional charge that must be paid if the license is purchased at one of the county's issuing agents
Lifetime licenses are sold ONLY at the Lehigh County Fiscal Office. Here are the fees:
- $51.45 for male or female dogs
- $31.45 for neutered or spayed dogs
- $31.45 for male or female dogs owned by senior citizens (65+)
- $21.45 for neutered or spayed dogs owned by senior citizens (65+)
Dog licenses can be purchased at the following Lehigh County locations:
- The fiscal office is in Room 119 of the county government center at 17 S. Seventh St., Allentown.
- , 925 Chestnut St., Emmaus (610-967-2289)
- Buchin's Notary Service, 47 N. Walnut St., Macungie (610-966-5500)
- Discount Pet Supply, 7150 Hamilton Blvd., Trexlertown (610-395-5587)
- K-9 Kampus, 1855 Folk Rd., Fogelsville (610-285-6711)
- , 201 N. Main St., Coopersburg (610-282-2358)
- Lehigh County Humane Society, 640 Dixon St., Allentown (610-797-1205)
- Pet Supplies Plus, 1014 Union Blvd., Allentown (610-782-9335)
- Pet Supplies Plus, 2433 MacArthur Rd., Whitehall (610-432-2199)
- Paul's Hardware, 2821 Rt. 309, Orefield (610-395-3233)
- Boyer's Hardware, 130 Main St., Slatington (610-767-3162)
- Blose's Market, 7070 Rt. 309, New Tripoli (610-298-2003)
- Family Pet Shop, Westgate Mall, 2363 Schoenersville Rd., Bethlehem (610-694-0074)