In my weekly hunt to find something cool and refreshing with which to end the long hot work week, I came across this variation by theblondcook.com It just sounds happy, no? I mean, you could almost put an umbrella in this one.
Anyway, this one looks easy to put together and not terribly difficult to consume, either. Indeed, Blondie, whoever she is, addresses the high drinkability rating of this drink:
"I’m sharing one of my favorite 5 o’clock porch drinks: cherry beer margaritas. They’re so dainty and refreshing, but don’t let ‘em fool you. They will slap you in the face when you’re least expecting it. So tread lightly, friends……and enjoy."
For the record, Blondie says her favorite beer is Corona Light, so that's what she uses.
So be careful out there, but if you're toasting the season that's slipping quickly through our fingers, consider doing it with one of these.
Cherry Beer Margaritas
- (1) 12 ounce can frozen limeade concentrate
- 12 ounces cherry flavored soda
- (1) 12 ounce bottle of your favorite beer
- 12 ounces of your favorite tequila
- Kosher salt, for rimming glass
- Lime for garnish
- Cherries for garnish
- Rub lime wedge around rim of each glass; dip in kosher salt.
- In a large pitcher, mix all ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Serve over ice (if desired) & garnish with a lime wedge & cherry.