- Kick off the weekend by taking yourself out to the ball game. The Iron Pigs will face the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre at 7:05 p.m. Visit the Iron Pigs' website for ticket information.
- You can get in one last splash at the Lower Macungie Township Pool Saturday, Sunday and Monday, noon to 7 p.m.
- The Great Allentown Fair continues its run through Labor Day at the Allentown Fairgrounds. For specific information on the fair, including hours, headliner acts and admission prices, visit the Great Allentown Fair website.
- Great Allentown Fair headliner Toby Keith will be signing autographs for patrons who buy a $37 bottle of Wild Shot Mezcal Saturday at a South Whitehall Wine & Spirits Store.
- Check out the Grossology exhibit at the Da Vinci Science Center in Allentown, which is in its final two weeks. Hours are 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday.
- There is such thing as a free lunch and a free dinner too, since kids eat free Sunday at the Buckeye Tavern.
- The Lower Macungie Township Garden Club will be hosting a short memorial service honoring fallen veterans on Labor Day. The ceremony will be held at 9 a.m. at the Veterans’ Memorial marker at the Wescosville Recreation Center, 5047 Hamilton Blvd., (between the building and the log house).