Sunday, October 30, 2011
Enter your child in Patch’s Little Pumpkin Costume Challenge with fashion icon Heidi Klum.
Sunday, October 30, 2011
Which kid in America has the most creative Halloween costume in the pumpkin patch? That's what we intend to find out with your photos and the help of celebrity judge Heidi Klum, who will select the Grand Prize winner. The Grand Prize? Patch will whisk the winner to New York or Los Angeles for a two-day, three-night trip for two that includes a meet and greet with Heidi, plus a donation of $1,031 to a local charity of the winner's choice. Nine runners up will also get a $1,031 donation from Patch to a local charity of their choice. Entering is easy. Just upload a photo of your kid into this page, 12 years of age or younger, in his or her Halloween costume. Entries must be made by the parent or legal guardian of the child photographed. Full …
Saturday, October 29, 2011
Snow. Yes, snow.
1. Weather: Yes, it's a little early for this. The National Weather Service forecast for our area says we'll see rain and snow today and a high temp only near 38 degrees. Possible accumulation of up to 5 inches is predicted with another 4 inches possible tonight into tomorrow. 2. In Case You Missed It: You may be seeing Macungie Police officers on foot. 3. If You Haven't Already: Today would be a good day to upload a photo of your child in his or her Halloween Costume! You could win a trip to New York for your effort. See details here. 4. Coming Up: Take a look at some Cheap Trips at 8 a.m. 5. Today in History: Nearly four decades after he became the first American to orbit the Earth, on this day in 1998, Senator John Hershel Glenn, Jr., …
Friday, October 28, 2011
A day to dry out, but then...
1. Weather: Sunny today. The National Weather Service forecast for our area says today will be clear with a high near 51 degrees. But tonight into tomorrow, snow likely. There's a possible accumulation of an inch or so. 2. In Case You Missed It: A report of a strong-arm robbery turned out to be a drug deal gone bad. 3. How Are Those Costumes Coming? Time is running out to upload your ghosts and goblins to win a trip to New York to meet Heidi Klum! Read more here. 4. Coming Up: Kelly-Anne Suarez reviews "Johnny English Reborn." 5. Today in History: On this day in 1965, construction was completed on the Gateway Arch, a spectacular 630-foot-high parabola of stainless steel marking the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial on the waterfront …
Thursday, October 27, 2011
Grab the umbrella again. No, really.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service forecast for our area says there's a 100 percent chance of rain today, and a high temp near 54 degrees. And we could get up to a half inch of new rain. 2. In Case You Missed It: Mike Delre is an engineer for the Lower Macungie Fire Department. 3. Get Those Costumes Ready! You could win a trip to New York to meet Heidi Klum! Just upload a photo of your trick-or-treater. Here's more information. 4. Coming Up: Don't miss "Life in the Slow Lane" by Margie Peterson. She cracks me up. Or makes me cry. Either one. 5. Today in History: At 2:35 p.m. on this day in 1904, New York City Mayor George McClellan took the controls on the inaugural run of the city's innovative new rapid transit system: the subway.
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Grab that umbrella!
1. Weather: Cloudy today, until it rains. The National Weather Service forecast for our area says there's a 60 percent chance of showers after 2 p.m. The high should be near 62 degrees. 2. In Case You Missed It: Our poll says you, readers, are very much on board with the new teen driver rules. 3. Handy With A Needle And Thread? Heidi Klum would love to see the costume you have created or cobbled together for your little ghost or goblin. 4. Coming Up: Concerned about class size in the East Penn School District? 5. Today in History: On this day in 1881, the Earp brothers faced off against the Clanton-McLaury gang in a legendary shootout at the OK Corral in Tombstone, Arizona.
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Get those costumes ready!
1. Weather: It's a better day. The National Weather Service forecast for our area says it will be sunny today with a high near 60 degrees. 2. In Case You Missed It: If you missed the Macungie Halloween Parade, you can see it all here. 3. Don't Forget! Get creative! Upload a picture of your child in their most creative Halloween contest between now and 10/31 and win a trip to meet Heidi Klum. Read more here. 4. Coming Up: Candidates for East Penn School Board greeted the public last night. 5. Today in History: On this day in 1881, Pablo Picasso, one of the greatest and most influential artists of the 20th century, is born in Malaga, Spain.
Monday, October 24, 2011
Heidi Klum wants to see your child's Halloween Costume! No, really!
1. Weather: Cloudy today. The National Weather Service forecast for our area says we can expect a chance of showers after 3 p.m. and a high temp of 64 degrees. 2. In Case You Missed It: Do you think children should be paid for doing chores? 3. Don't Forget! Heidi Klum wants to see your child's Halloween Costume! 4. Coming Up: Ellis Stoneback was at the Macungie Halloween Parade. Were you? Did you see him? 5. Today in History: On this day in 1901, a 63-year-old schoolteacher named Annie Edson Taylor became the first person to take the plunge over Niagara Falls in a barrel.
Sunday, October 23, 2011
Happy Birthday, World!
1. Weather: Sunny and a little warmer today. The National Weather Service forecast for our area says we'll see a high temp near 59 degrees. 2. In Case You Missed It: Heidi Klum wants to see your kids' Halloween costumes! 3. Fun Event: Don't miss the 2011 Harvest Wine Festival 1-5 p.m. today at Bear Creek! 4. Coming Up: Another interesting question on Moms Talk. Check back at 2 p.m. to give your opinion. 5. Today in History: On this day in 4004 BC, according to 17th century divine James Ussher, Archbishop of Armagh, and Dr. John Lightfoot of Cambridge, the world was created on this day, a Sunday, at 9 a.m.
Friday, October 21, 2011
Who loves Halloween???
1. Weather: It'll be dry today as we head into a well-deserved weekend. The National Weather Service forecast for our area says the day will be partly sunny with a high temp near 58 degrees. 2. In Case You Missed It: Macungie Police Chief Ed Harry clarified the borough's crosswalk laws at the Oct. 17 council meeting. 3. Showcase Your Little Pumpkin: Heidi Klum wants to see your child's Halloween costume! 4. Coming Up: The Friends for the Protection of Lower Macungie Township presented a petition to the Board of Commissioners last night following a windy announcement of their intentions in the middle of the very farmland they're trying to protect. 5. Today in History: On this day in 1975, Boston Red Sox catcher Carlton Fisk hit a homer off …