Lint in a vent is the suspected source, causing only minimal damage, chief says.
Fire officials suspect that burning lint in a clothes dryer vent ignited a small fire in a Lower Macungie Township residence Sunday morning, but little damage was done. The fire was reported at 9:55 a.m. at 5641 N. Walnut St. The fire was isolated to the vent, according to Lower Macungie Fire Chief David Nosal. He said there was no damage to the dryer or the surrounding area of the wall and termed damage minimal. Responding were Lower Macungie and Macungie fire departments and Macungie EMS.